Friday, January 16, 2009

Yuck!!!

Ellie came running in our room at 1:30 am on Wednesday morning. She had thrown up all over her bed, down the bunkbed ladder onto Reece's bed and then on the floor. To my surprise Reece slept through the entire thing so I was cleaning up the whole mess in the dark, trying not to take a breath and take the chance of losing it myself. The next morning while putting all the bedding and pajamas in the wash I realized how much throw up had really covered her bed. I've never seen so much in my life, I washed her comforter three times. Luckily she was fine when she woke up. Well, to make things even better I put Reece in her chair this morning for breakfast and she ended up throwing up all over her food. This has continued all day and I have cleaned toilets, carpets, bedding and clothes more in the last week than I ever have. Every time I got one mess cleaned up another was waiting. Hopefully the flu bug has made its way through our family and is going far away. The joys of being a mother! (but I wouldn't trade it for the world).

2 comments:

Jennifer Gerritsen said...

I can totally relate! A few weeks ago, Alex came running into our bedroom and being pregnant, I could just smell it on him so strong! He had thrown up all over his bed. Within 5 minutes, we hear Jeremy starting to heave. Ben and I spent the night in the living room as the boys took turns heaving all that night! Luckily I didn't get sick because it sure was gross! P.S. we will find out what we are having in Feb.

Natalie said...

Having sick kids is not fun epecially when they are throwing up..Glad you guys are doing better..Being a mom is so much fun..