Wednesday, September 28, 2011

5 K run...

Our bishop decided to a 5 K fun run for the youth and their leaders.  The kids have been training for a few months and on September 7th got to run.  I wasn't even training because my knee is shot or so I thought.  I decided to run that night and with some help from some "special cream" (thanks, Marci) and a knee brace I thought I'd just run as far as I could until my knee went out.  To my surprise no pain at all and I finished and got 2nd place for the Young Women's leaders.  I think I could have finished a little sooner if I wasn't so nervous about starting out too fast and hurting my knee.  Anyway, I am so excited that I can start running again...I have been running and at first had no pain but recently have  had a little but nothing like before. It was so fun to get out again!

1 comment:

Kari said...

You did awesome! And so glad to hear you are able to keep it up, with your knee doing better!
Yeah for Annie on the stairs!!