Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Catching up...

 My sis-in-law invited me to go with her and my mother-in-law to Trans-Siberian orchestra in November.  I lucked out that my brother-in-law got sick that day and they needed someone to take his place-I gladly accepted.  It was such a fun night and a nice break from the kiddos.
 The first big snow storm

 Annie's cute curls

   
Annisten's new trick
 She stood on her head and couldn't figure out how to get off.
 Kaitlin, Kella, Alex and Reece at Reece's 4th fairy princess birthday party


 Reece wanted a Tea party with her friends for her birthday
 Christmas outfits
 Funny story-This was a few days before Christmas and I was running around like crazy trying to get things done and doing some baking at the same time.  I soon realized that it was really quiet in our house.  I looked over and Annisten had passed out in her saucer and I couldn't find Reece anywhere...
It was like 6 pm and she had put herself to bed and was fast asleep.
 Christmas Eve party with Jeff's family
 We did white elephant gifts and these were Jeff and Reece's little Gems
 This was mine and Gabby just wanted to attack it.
 Christmas morning.  Kids truly make Christmas-just to see their excitement makes it all worth it.



 I don't think that Annie really knew what was going on but she sure was excited about the wrapping paper.
 Ellie made a calendar for the family and every month has a different picture made with her hands.
 A new giraffe toy for Annie.  She loved her old one so much that she wore it out
I love Christmas but hate that we are always so busy that it seems that we don't have time to enjoy it.  Christmas morning and all the giggles and smiles truly help me to remember the reason that we celebrate Christmas.  We tried to remind the girls all season long that the reason we have Christmas is to celebrate the saviors birth and that we should focus more on giving than receiving.  This Christmas they were so excited for each other to open their presents that it totally made it all worth it. I heard a million times from each of them, "Thank you Mommy and Daddy, it's awesome!".  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Joan said...

So cute. Enjoy your kids now because they grow up so fast. I love how cute all your decorations are at the parties!

Kari said...

Annie looks adorable in her curls and that dang cute outfit she's wearing! Yeah for her "summer saults" Mia loves doing that too! Loved the story of both her and Reece falling asleep!
Jeff's white elephant picture is hilarious! Great shots of the kids and their excitement on christmas! And the one of Annie with her Giraffe toy is adorable of her!
YOu poor thing, hearing about when you were sick again. So awful having poor annie throwing up too. I hope the tubes are working. We need to catch up!