Annisten has been to every specialist and therapist and had every test you can think of and none of them can find anything wrong. As most of you know this little girl has had a rough first year and a half. Annie is almost 19 months old and has not been able to crawl, walk or feed herself independently. I know that Heavenly Father had a reason for sending this special little one to us. I am convinced that it was to help me appreciate all "the little things" in life. The last week or so, Annie has held her own sippy cup, fed herself cookies, held a fork and put it into her mouth with food on it and is doing a crawl/scoot thing on all fours. To most parents they just expect that these things will happen before their child's first birthday, but to us it brings amazing joy and tears of happiness. I truly want the best for this little one and know that we just need to take it one day at a time and appreciate all of the little things each day brings.
Drinking juice
Annisten started getting 8 teeth at once
Holding and playing with her favorite giraffe toy
Playing Toy Story Yahtzee with the big sisters and loving shaking the dice
Notice the fountain of drool flowing from her mouth. Four front teeth and four molars all coming in at the same time.
Eatin' some Mac and Cheese-her favorite. When we try to put food into her mouth, she shakes her head "No" but if we put it onto a fork and let her do it, she will eat it.
Our little "Cookie Monster"
What a Big girl!!!
At 18 months Annie weighed 18 lbs. 6 ozs. and was 31 1/2 inches long. She is still not on the charts, but making her own growing curve. Sure love this little kiddo.
4 comments:
She's such a cutie, Tara, and soooo sweet! She was such a trooper all day Saturday and didn't even fuss when she was tired. Love that little girl! We're proud of ya, Annie! Way to go!
Tara,
I came across your blog and I am glad to see that your family is doing well. I was just wondering if you have taken her in too Early Intervention for some help? Our 3rd baby, Zack (who I don't think you have seen) at 12 months was not doing many of the things other babies were. He could sit up on his own if I sat him up and he scooted around on his back pushing with his feet. He could not sit himself back up if he fell over, he was not even attempting to crawl, had never pulled himself up to a standing. etc. I took him in to be tested around his 12 month birthday and he qualified for help. Everyone in the Early Intervention program was so great to work with and were wonderful to my child. I cannot say enough about what a good experience it was for our family.
Your family is just adorable!
Shauna Read
Funny that I just talked to you about this today! Fun to read again! I love all the drool, and that she wants to do the feeding on her own. Mia does the same thing, won't eat something, but then I give her a fork and she eats away!
Your older girls looked darling on new years in their plaid shirts!
She is the cutest! You guys are special parents to have such a sweet little girl!
Post a Comment