Warning: Very long post
Little Reece before we left for Primary Children's
Thomas the Train was a big hit in one of the waiting rooms
Takin' a ride
While waiting for the Nurse practioner to check her vitals. Reece was excited to wear scrubs like Daddy's.
This was the last of the waiting rooms and Reece was practicing her doctor skills on Mommy.
This was probably one of the longest and most emotionally straining days we've had. We arrived at 11:45 am in the first waiting room and didn't get checked in until around 12:15pm. After check in we went to a room where she was weighed and measured, another room where they took vitals, then on to the final waiting room. The surgery started a little after 2 pm and we were able to see her around 3:45 pm. She was super groggy and wanted nothing to do with the nurse that was trying to shove medicine down her throat. After an hour and a half we were finally able to take our little one home. She rode the whole way home with a blanket on her head because the sun hurt her eyes. That night her Grandma brought her "The Princess and the Frog" DVD and she was so excited and finally opened her eyes for the first time.
This weekend has gone a lot better than I thought it would and she really has been a trooper. She has had some pain and hates the sun in the morning and the eye drops 4 times a day but overall is doing well.
As we sat in one of the waiting rooms, there was a little girl around Reece's age who was having surgery at the same time. While wating for Reece I overheard the Mom talk about her little girl. She said that shortly after Christmas they found a tumor behind her eye and since then the tumor had grown so large it was pushing her eye out of the socket and she had lost all of her vision. She said that they were there that day to remove her eye. As I heard this I broke into tears, I can't even imagine having to make the decision to remove my child's eye. I realized that we truly are blessed and that even when things are difficult they could be worse. I am so thankful for the gospel and for the priesthood and to know that our Father in Heaven is watching over and protecting our family. Thanks so much to all of our family and friends for your love, support and prayers.
3 comments:
glad to hear that everything went well.....
I hate it when kids have to go through stuff like that; it's hard for them to understand. I am so glad she is doing so well.
So cute to see her in her little hospital gown!
I can't believe about the other little girl having her eye removed! So sad! I can't imagine!
Post a Comment