...hospital. Yep, our little one has done it again. Annie has had a cough and runny nose for about a week and a couple days ago stopped eating and when she did eat she would start coughing so hard that she would vomit. I took her Thursday afternoon to Kidscare where they told us that they were worried that she was so dehydrated and that her airways were so constricted she coudln't eat, let alone breath.
Yep, the dreaded RSV and possibly pneumonia. The doctor wanted to admit her to the hospital but we thought we could handle it at home with our trusty booger sucker and breathing treatments. That lasted only a couple hours. She could not stop coughing, weezing and throwing up. I met the doctor at the hospital and she was admitted. They started her on tons of fluids, antibiotics, suction and breathing treatments and did some blood tests. When I finally got her to sleep they came in and wanted a chest x-ray. After all this we settled in for the night, (I of course did not sleep a wink).
By morning she was doing much better and was such a good sport. She finally had a wet diaper 24 hours later and the weezing and coughing had calmed down. After much monitoring, we asked is we could take her home. The resident doctor had told the nurse that we could probably go home that afternoon but when the next doctor came in she thought they needed to monitor longer. We convinced her that we could do the same things at home and a couple hours later were discharged.
Our ward did a WSU basketball game for families and Jeff decided Mommy really needed a break from the tired and grumpy girls. He took Ellie and Reece to the game and Annie and I got a little rest. They got home around 9 o'clock and by then Annisten was weezing again, so I gave her the albuterol breathing treatment. If any of you have ever used them, you know that they make the child extremely hiper. She was wired! and this mommy was sooooo tired. She ended up in her swing as this was the only way I could get her to sleep.
After a long night of me being paranoid about her breathing and checking on her a thousand times, (She was right next to our bed so I didn't have far to go.) morning came and brought more coughing and weezing.
We did another treatment and that helped a ton! I got her to nurse a little and then she took a good nap. The poor kid is just warn out from hacking. She is doing good and we are so happy to be at home with out little one.
I need to mention that Annie's cute little friend Boston was in the hosptial at the same time with pneumonia and a really high white blood count and fever. It was nice to be able to talk to my friend who was dealing with a sick little one too. We hope that you get to come home soon Boston!
As for Annie, she seems to being doing better and now just needs to eat and gain back some weight. We love you little Annisten Kate! (sorry such a long post)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Tara we've been going through the same thing with Cash! He has had RSV since last monday and still has a high fever and is really loopy...does it ever go away!?! Sorry Annisten is soo sick, I bet its even harder when they are so little :( Where did our kidos get this nasty sickness! I hope things are looking better for your your little sweet girl.
oh my heavens...I am so glad that Annie is doing okay. Not fun being in the hospital. Let us know if there is anything we can do for you...
Glad to hear she's ok now. That is seriously the last thing you guys need. You've had enough going on with her. I was glad to see Jeff at the Weber State game, knowing that things were ok. I can't believe Annie and Boston were in there at the same time. And I didn't know Cash has had it too. Going around the neighborhood. Scary!
We need to go bowling! We were going to yesterday since Casey had the day off, but didn't end up. We want to go with you guys anyway, and knew you had a rough weekend.
Post a Comment