Saturday, January 16, 2010

Blessings...


At Annisten's 6 months appt. she weighed 13 Lbs. and was 26 3/4 inches. At this appointment we discovered that many of the symptoms that Annie had been displaying lead the doctor to worry about hydrocephalus. On friday after a wonderful priesthood blessing from her Daddy and Uncle Steve, we headed back to Primary Children's for a CT scan. Annie did so awesome and all of the radiology people fell in love with her. While driving home in what seemed complete silence I thought about so many things that I am grateful for. As many of you know, little Annie had heart concerns at two weeks old and had to go to Primarys and have an echo. This test showed problems but none that were critical and the cardiologist thinks that they will probably fix on their own. We have had many health scares with Annie and a couple with Reece. Through them all my testimony of the priesthood has only grown stronger. I am grateful for modern day technology and for the awesome specialists at Primary's. When we got home we had to just sit and wait to hear if our little one needed brain surgery. It seemed like the longest wait ever. When we did get a call, we were told that her CT came back perfectly normal. I can not say enough how grateful I am to my Heavenly Father for all that he blesses our family with. We are still not sure why Annie is not gaining weight or why she is struggling with a few other things but at least we know that she has a healthy heart and brain. These last few days I have held my little one a little tighter, a little longer and the house work will have to wait. I love my family so much and am so thankful for the gospel and for my faith in the the blessings of the priesthood.

3 comments:

Jennifer Gerritsen said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you guys! I have also thought how lucky I am to have great kids and a home for them. So many children in Haiti and around the world aren't so lucky right now to have a home!

carnahan fam said...

I can't even imagine what you guys are going through and the constant worrying about your little angel. We are thinking of little Annisten and know everything will be great!

Kari said...

I guess I should've checked on here for an update. So so glad to hear everything's ok. I can't imagine if she would've had to have brain surgery, cause of course I think of Mia whenever I hear of other babies going through things. We are so lucky to have the priesthood in our homes. I had the chills while reading that post.

You'll have to call us next time you tube in your cul de sac. Looks fun! Cute frogs too! Emett would love to see them.
Seeing Anniston eating solids!! It goes so fast. Weird Mia will be soon.
And I totally know what you mean about those dang Christmas tree boxes being too small. Seems like a lot of things never fit back in there box or bag very good, tents etc.